CLEAN EATING: BANANA BREAD
I LOVE banana bread, well I actually just love all bread but I really like banana bread! Most recipes call for butter, shortening, dairy products, lots of sugar, and white flour. What if I told you, you could be enjoying banana bread but its actually pretty healthy? This is not a drill, I am sharing with you my go to, best healthy banana bread recipe below!
MY GO TO BANAN BREAD
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 very ripe bananas (3 big / 4 small)
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ⅛ tsp lemon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk coconut oil and maple syrup together. Add the eggs and mix well, then add in the bananas, milk, and vanilla. I like to toss mine in the blender for a few seconds so the bananas aren't too chunky. You can also mash the bananas.
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl, mix and then combine with the banana mixture.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and stick in the oven!
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes and enjoy! I like to add a little butter or coconut oil with mine :)
If you have some ripe bananas, go make this now and enjoy some guilt free yumminess!!